Joh. Jos. Prüm
“To drink a Riesling from Joh Jos Prüm is to enjoy a springtime of the heart and mind.” -Stephan Rheinhardt - The Finest Wine of Germany
“One of the two or three most famous producers in Germany, along with Egon Müller and Maximin Grünhaus and produces some of the finest wines in the region.” - Lars Carlberg, larscarlberg.com
Joh. Jos. Prüm needs no introduction to Riesling lovers, having already become a Mosel icon during the nearly five decades during which its namesake’s son Sebastien was in charge. Katharina Prüm has been ac-tive alongside her father, Manfred, since early in the new millennium, and the two of them perpetuate a house style that has itself become a Mosel archetype: wines of delicacy and restrained sweetness, often strongly marked in youth by yeasty and otherwise fermentative aromas, and tingling with dissolved CO2. Their longevity is legendary, and the Prüms personally don’t care to drink their own wines – even the Kabinetts – with less than a dozen, and usually many more, years in bottle. The aromas of youthful Prüm wines make it obvious that fermentation here is entirely spontaneous. Manfred makes no secret of his long-standing disinterest in legally dry wines. These are uncompromising, benchmark Mosel wines.
Prüm Mixed Pack 2012 Riesling Auslese Graacher Himmelreich & 2003 Riesling Auslese Graacher Himmelreich Goldkapsel
- 3btls of 2012 Auslese Gracher Himmelreich (94pts WA) & 3btls of 2003 Gracher Himmelreich Gold Capsule (96pts WS)
- Vintage Summaries: 2012 = reduced yields, extended hang time fastidious selection for elegant results. 2003 was like 47, 59, 71 & 76—all monumental vintages!
Prüm Mixed Pack 2009 Riesling Spatlese Graacher Himmelreich & Bernkastler Badstube
- 8btls of 2009 Spatlese Graacher Himmelreich (92pts WA) & 4btls of 2009 Spatlese Bernkastler Badstube (91pts WA)
- Vintage Summary: 2009 = similar to 97 & cooler than 08: vibrant & exotic.
Prüm Mixed Pack 2009 & 2012 Riesling Spatlese Graacher Himmelreich
- 6btls of 2009 Spatlese Graacher Himmelreich (92pts WA) & 6btls of 2012 Spatlese Graacher Himmelreich (93pts WA)
- Vintage Summaries: 2009 = similar to 97 & cooler than 08: vibrant & exotic. 2012 = reduced yields, extended hang time fas-tidious selection for elegant results.
Prüm Mixed Pack 2013 Riesling Auslese Zeltinger Sonnenuhr & Bernkastler Badstube
- 3btls of 2013 Auslese Zeltinger Sonnenuhr (93pts WA) & 3btls of Auslese Bernkastler Badstube (91pts WA)
- Vintage Summary: 2013 = 70% crop reduction=concentration/tension. "A great Auslese vintage" -Manfred Prum